Thursday, July 8, 2010

America! America!

I think I was destined to be a city girl. There, I said it. I love everything about this city. Let's just not talk about the fact that I only have two weeks left. For the 4th of July my roomates and I went to watch the fireworks on the Hudson. We grabbed some grub from whole foods and headed toward the west side. At 7pm it was already packed but we managed to snag a good place to set up for our picnic. It was ridiculously hot and the later it became, the more crowded it became. The fireworks started at 9:20 and they were absolutely beautiful. The finale lit up the entire sky. Once the fireworks were over it was chaos. I don't know how we didn't lose one another considering there were thousands of people trying to leave at the same time. I'm so glad I went, but I will definitely never be going back.

The icing on my summer cake? Four of my favorite people are coming to this beautiful city in less than a week! Mom, Dana, Coco, and Muffin-- Hurry up and get here. New York is waiting!

1 comment:

  1. i can not wait! counting down the days!! love ya

    ReplyDelete